Mandatory Documents Necessary for OPC Registration
TO BE GIVEN BY ONE PERSON COMPANY DIRECTOR:-
Note: The OPC director as a mandate should self-attest the first three documents. If an NRI or a foreign national, all the document sheets should be notarized without fail (if at present in India or a non-Commonwealth nation) or apostilled (that is, living in a Commonwealth country).
Documents Necessary for the Registered Office
- Scanned transcript of Passport (Foreign Nationals & NRIs) or PAN Card
- Scanned transcript of Passport, Voter’s ID or Driver’s License
- Scanned transcript of Current Bank Account Statement/Phone or Mobile Invoice/Electricity or Gas Invoice
- Scanned passport-sized photo
- Specimen autograph or impression (blank document with autograph)
- Scanned transcript of Current Bank Account Statement/Phone or Mobile Invoice/Gas or Electricity Invoice)
- Scanned transcript of Rental Agreement written in the English language
- Scanned transcript of N-O or No-objection Certificate from the concerned property landowner
- Scanned transcript of Property or Sale Deed printed in English (if the property is owned)
- Note: Your office space which is registered needs to be a commercial area; however, it can be your house of residence as well.
Benefits of OPC Registration
The directors’ personal property is always safe in a private limited company, no matter the debts of the business.
Sole Proprietorships come to an end with the death of the proprietor. As an OPC has a separate legal identity, it would pass on to the nominee director and, therefore, continue to exist.
As an OPC needs to have its books audited annually, it has greater credibility among vendors and lending institutions.